Kwikot Solar Geysers Cape Town
Kwikot solar geysers are specifically designed for residential household applications. Kwikot’s solar geysers comply with SANS 1307 & SANS 400kPa approved. On average, 40% of a household’s electricity usage is just to heat water. So just imagine how much can be saved by installing an efficient solar system.
- 150L Kwikot (Flat Plate Collector)
- 200L Kwikot (Flat Plate Collector)
- 300L Kwikot (Flat Plate Collector)
Close Coupled & Split – Direct System
The Kwikot solar geyser direct system is used in frost-free locations, where the ambient temperature never falls below 5°C and where the water quality is good (less than 600ppm Total Dissolved Solids/Minerals). The system is used with one or two solar collector panels depending on the capacity of the solar tank.
The direct system is where the water to be used in the household (hot water) circulates through the solar collector panels, transferring solar energy into the storage tank of the solar water heater.
The direct system can be installed as a Split System (pumped or thermosyphon circulation methods), where the solar water heater is installed inside the roof or away from the solar collector panels or installed as a Close Coupled System (thermosiphon circulation), where the solar water heater is installed outside on the roof and above or higher than the solar collector panels.
Kwikot Kwiksol Product Features
- The Kwikot Kwiksol Solar Water Heater Direct System complies with SANS 1307, is SABS 400kPa approved, and can be used as a close-coupled system or split system.
- The inner cylinder is manufactured from 2mm steel and thermo fused porcelain enameled for cylinder longevity and hygiene.
- Polyurethane insulation between the inner cylinder and outer casement reduces energy and heat loss.
- 2 x aluminium sacrificial anodes are fitted for corrosion protection.
- It’s designed for residential hot water applications in conjunction with one or more solar collector panels.
- Fitted with an isolator switch (IPX4 rated).
- The two extra water connections required for connecting the solar collector panels and the booster element ensures that it can be used as a conventional electric water heater and as a solar water heater.
- The Thermostat will automatically switch on when the incoming hot water from the solar collector panels has not reached the set temperature setting on the thermostat. This will occur on cloudy days and at night when the water temperature drops in the solar water heater or when hot water is drawn off and cold water enters the solar water heater.
Product Warranty And Anode Servicing
The period of warranty is from the date of installation providing that documented proof of installation is furnished, or alternatively from date of manufacture as determined from the serial plate code on the solar water heater.
- One year on the heating element, thermostat, flange assembly plate, and gasket.
- Two years on the Safety Valve and Drain Cock.
- Five Years on the inner cylinder, subject to water conditions equivalent to main Metropolitan supply authorities.
This warranty is subject to only genuine Kwikot replacement parts (heating element and thermostat etc) being used whilst the inner cylinder is still under guarantee.
Kwikot Solar Geyser Cape Town
For optimum performance, the kwikot solar geyser cape town collector panels need to face the equator (facing north for southern hemisphere installations). Installation on angles of up to 45° away from the equator does not have a major effect on the annual solar output, consequently, roof locations which face less than 45°away from the equator are acceptable. Solar irradiance from the sun begins at about 10:00 until about 16:00 and at its peak between 12:00 and 14:00.
If the solar collector panels are installed with an east-facing bias, the best solar capture is best achieved in the morning, and if the kwikot solar geyser cape town is installed with west-facing biased, in the afternoon. The location should not be subject to excessive shading from trees and adjacent buildings and particularly between 9am and 15:00. Remember that shadows are longer in winter than in summer so a location that is free of shadows in summer may have some shadows in winter.
Roof Pitch And Angle For Installation
The solar collector panels should be installed on a roof pitch greater than 8°and less than 30°. Where the roof pitch is greater than 30°, the installation will require additional support to prevent it from moving downwards when installing and after installing. If the solar water heater is mounted on the roof above the solar collector panels, additional support for the solar collector panels can be made at the solar water heater.
- If the roof pitch is less than 8°, the installation will require a mounting frame to increase the pitch to above 8°. Installations below 8° do not thermosyphon effectively and the solar collector panel glass will not clean properly when it rains.
- If the solar water heater is installed on the roof, careful inspection must be carried out to ensure that the roof can support the weight of the entire installation system once it is filled with water.
Kwikot Geyser Installation Cape Town
Solar West Coast kwikot geyser installers cover a wide area across the West Coast of Cape Town. We can help you build a system that suits your needs and your budget. We build affordable, cost-effective residential and commercial systems.
Kwikot Kwiksol Solar Geysers In The Following Areas:
Langebaan – Vredenburg – Saldanha – Hopefield – St Helena Bay – Velddrif – Jacobs Bay – Moorreesburg – Yzerfontein – Cape Town